Sunday

Traveling Virginia in search of poles!

Hiking the backroads and urban areas of Virginia gave me a unique experience and perspective (street level) of the state's residents, regional geography and power grid. As a GIS Field Tech, I was able to tramp many places and spaces where I might not otherwise would see. While training two new field technicians, I took the following images to facilitate their understanding and shorten the learning curve. I enjoy the job and being on the road!


Typical silver CATVcable/expansion loop


Determining pole ownership and ID #


CATV power supply


CATV silver amplifier junction box


Typical CATV coaxial cable


Phone junction box


Fiber optic cable/orange ID sleeve


Fiber splice cases


Fiber cable storage for storing slack 


Field Tech entering data (attributes) and recording pole location on Yuma Trimble computer/Trimble Pro XH GPS backpack unit 

No comments: